JCP-007 Dakota Kid Low Turbulence Pedestal for 1993 and newer, 40MM AND 44mm HARLEY DAVIDSON CV CARBURETORS
Step One - Float Bowl Removal
1. Shut off Fuel Valve
2. Remove four float bowl screw using a short #2 Phillips screwdriver (Press hard to prevent stripping screw heads)
3. Pull float bowl downwards to remove.
Step Two - Remove Factory Pedestal
1. Place stock pedestal in the chuck of an available drill. (Make sure there’s no power to the drill)
2. Use drill chuck as a vice. Tighten chuck jaws on the large diameter of the pedestal.
3. Hold drill chuck stationary with your hand.
4. Pull and turn float bowl clockwise and counterclockwise (small amounts) until pedestal comes free from body.
5. Pre-twin cam carbs use a check needle system. Inspect needle for wear and if a wear ring in visible contact Dakota Kid Carbs. 701-774-9638. Insert check needle (if applicable) in pedestal hole before mounting new Dakota Kid Pedestal.
Step Three - Installing Dakota Kid Pedestal
1. Place new pedestal in factory hole. Position so indexing line is parallel with front float bowl gasket groove.
2. Support float bowl directly under float bowl pedestal with a piece of scrap wood.
3. Tap pedestal using a light hammer into the hole until it shoulders.
Step Four - Install Float Bowl
1. Place float bowl back on carb body (bikes with vacuum operated fuel valves require fuel to be added to float bowl before installation. This greatly reduces cranking time on initial start up)
2. Make sure accelerator pump rod (with boot) slips back into the accelerator pump well.
3. Remount float bowl using 4 stainless 4x18mm cap head allen screws.
4. Tighten allen screw with provided wrench. (Do not over tighten)
5. Turn on fuel valve.
Please Note: For all technical assistance and support please contact Dakota Kid Carbs at 701-774-9638
Notice: This product was formerly distributed by CCP by Direct Parts (www.directparts.com) all rights transferred to www.johnsmotorcycleparts.com I am not affiliated with Direct Parts or Dakota Kid.
Copyright Johns Motorcycle parts 2007 all rights reserved
The kit includes the new pedestal, Allen wrench and 4 new float bowl screws.
This image shows the old accelerator pedestal in the vice of a drill.
This image shows installation of the new pedestal.
Copyright 2007 www.johnsmotorcycleparts.com